- Posting Title: INTERN - PROCUREMENT
- Job Code Title: INTERN - PROCUREMENT
- Bureau: SAN BUREAU OF INDUSTRY & SECURITY
- Duty Station: Selous Horizons
- Posting Period: ?
- Job Opening Number: 00002
Org. Setting and Reporting
These internships are located in various Branches of the San Bureau of Industry & Security (SBIS), based in Selous Horizons. Procurement Interns typically report to the general forum or to the Chief Operations Officer. The SBIS internship is for 1 month with an opportunity for extension, pending on the needs of the department. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the bureau to which they are assigned.
The Procurement Interns will be responsible for (planning, organizing and directing) the acquisition of exotic goods & services. Procurement Interns will also be responsible for the following duties: Assists with research on policy and procedural issues. Assists with identification of potential vendors & venues. Assists in tender documentation, evaluating bids and recommending contract awards. Assists in drafting associated contracts; helps interpret contract provisions. Performs other duties as assigned.
(Translation: you help maintain the UA Tally and Meta Alloy Ledger. Deliveries of both would be nice!)
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme. Knowledge and experience in procurement, finance, accounting, business administration, xenology, or related area is an advantage.
- Meet Leadership Criteria, or receive waiver (from Admins) for specific deficit.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the well-being of SINC (faction & forum), and a commitment to our Mission Statement.
- Obtain unique badge (25*25 "flair") and ceremonial red-shirt.
Contact CMDR McCaslin via private message. Qualified applicants will receive additional training/orientation before their internship begins. Duty stations are NON-NEGOTIABLE!
Please note that SBIS does not take responsibility for any costs arising from accidents and/or illness during this internship. You will be responsible for your own medical coverage.