So after finding a 70% discount code for this thing (ELITEGAMERS) I decided to give this little toy a try. I ordered it on a Saturday, it was sent this Monday and I recieved it yesterday (Tuesday). That's surprisingly fast, at least from my experience (for the record, it was sent from Sweden and I live in Spain).

If you order it, you will recieve this white bag:
Spoiler: Show

After opening it, I found a cardboard box and an USB extension cable (which I won't need)

Inside the cardboard box, you'll find this (no it's not another USB cable I just was too lazy to move it)

You must slide that cover out before you can open the box itself:

Then, you have your standard round plastickey sealing

And here's our eyetracker!

Inside you will find some legal and a warranty papers, and some basic instructions attached to a pair of magnetic strips (one extra, in case something happens to the other one)

Now, you are supposed to remove the protective paper from the back of one of the magnetic strips and stick it under your monitor, like this:

Then, you are supposed to make the strip fit into a little gap on the backside of the eyetracker, so it stays securely in place. I'll admit it took me a few tries to get the hang of it, but it seems to be a strong fit once it's on its correct place.

One thing I noticed is that the sensors are angled upwards. This means it's probably not possible to put the eyetracker above your monitor.

Once it's all in place, you can go to Tobii's download page and download the core software, under the "Tobii" tab.

Setting it up us quite easy actually, it will work right away (by the way, I wear glasses and it works just right). It will ask you to line up the lines with the lines on top of the eyetracker:

It will just ask you to look at these dots until they explode to calibrate the device:

The program's icon will appear on the right side of your task bar (or whatever that's called), and once you click it you have a bunch of options:

To make it work with Elite Dangerous , you'll need to download the infinite screen extenstion, under the "Games and Experiences" Tab. Once you have it, you'll have plenty of options for both the gaze tracking and the headtracking, new to the 4C model.

With all these options you can set deadzones, set a key to turn it off and center the screen (recommended for when you're docked at a station and just browsing the mission board or the market), etc. I recommend you play with the settings until you find one that feels confortable. To make it work in Elite just launch the game, you don't need to touch anything in the settings. The game will recognize there's a tracking program running.

As you can see, it uses 6-7% of my CPU (I have an i7 4790k)

And finally, here's me having some fun with the federal funship and the 4C.

Does it work well? Well yeah, it does track my eyes and my head far better than I thought it would. Being able to center your view on the enemy at almost all times is helpful, although there are times I quickly check my pips or the enemy's health, and the camera will follow my eyes and mess up my aiming a bit. I suppose this could be fixed by making the deadzones bigger but I haven't had much time to mess up with the settings. It could also be just a matter of getting used to it, I've only had it since yesterday after all.

As for the panels, I still use 1, 2, 3 and 4 (yes, even though I use a HOTAS) to quickly navigate them. Using the eyetracker is fine but if you wanna do some really really fast, like deploying a fighter, I think it's better to use the keybinds. Also, I'm very used to using them so it's mostly muscle memory. However, I'll admit I've been using the eyetracking to look at the left panel to request docking.

As a final note, I'll say I found a very curious option in the settings:

This makes the mouse pointer teleport to wherever you're looking at if you move the mouse AT ALL and it's outside the deadzone. While I don't find this specially useful, I think it would very helpful for people with limited mobility.