- Posting Title: INTERN - STATISTICS
- Job Code Title: INTERN - STATISTICS
- Bureau: SAN BUREAU OF STATISTICS
- Duty Station: Selous Horizons
- Posting Period: ?
- Job Opening Number: 00001
Org. Setting and Reporting
These internships are located in various Branches of the San Bureau of Statistics (SBS), based in Selous Horizons. Statistics Interns typically report to the general forum or to the Chief Operations Officer. The SBS internship is for 1 month with an opportunity for extension, pending on the needs of the department. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the bureau to which they are assigned.
The Statistics Interns will be responsible for the following duties in environment, energy or industrial statistics: Assists in designing, organizing, planning and managing the collection, evaluation, analysis, compilation and dissemination of environment, energy or industrial statistics. Assists in developing, implementing and managing databases for environment, energy or industrial statistics. Assists in training and technical support on data collection programmes, system/station practices and other related information in environment, energy or industrial statistics. Assists in the development or revision of standards on statistical concepts, definitions and classifications by performing methodological research in environment, energy or industrial statistics. Prepares draft technical documents for interplanetary, intergovernmental and expert group meetings and assists in drafting relevant reports in environment, energy or industrial statistics. Assists in the organization of seminars, working groups and expert meetings in environment, energy or industrial statistics. Performs other duties as assigned.
(Translation: you help maintain the System Status spreadsheet & explain to others).
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme. Knowledge and experience in statistics, mathematics, economics, environmental sciences, environmental policy and management, computer science, or related area is an advantage.
- Meet Leadership Criteria, or receive waiver (from Admins) for specific deficit.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the well-being of SINC (faction & forum), and a commitment to our Mission Statement.
- Obtain unique badge (25*25 "flair") and ceremonial red-shirt.
Contact CMDR McCaslin via private message. Qualified applicants will receive additional training/orientation before their internship begins. Duty stations are NON-NEGOTIABLE!