- Posting Title: DIPLOMAT - JUNIOR
- Job Code Title: DIPLOMAT - JUNIOR
- Bureau: SAN BUREAU OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
- Duty Station: Skvortsov Orbital (63 G. CAPRICORNI)
- Posting Period: ?
- Job Opening Number: 00005
Org. Setting and Reporting
These civil service positions are located in various Branches of the San Bureau of Foreign Affairs (SBFA), based in Selous Horizons. Junior Diplomats typically report to the Chief Executive Officer or to the Chief Operations Officer. Diplomats represent their government abroad, and counsel on international issues. They are involved in the negotiation of international political agreements and the promotion of national policy and interest. The position is for 3 months with an opportunity for extension, pending on renewal of diplomatic ties. The position is full-time, and comes with a generous compensation package. Junior Diplomats work five days per week (40+ hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the bureau to which they are assigned.
The Junior Diplomats will be responsible for the following duties (at home, or abroad): Represents the San government on international issues affecting Sirius Inc. Promotes SINC policy and businesses to foreign governments, individuals, organisations and the media. Develops an understanding of local business practices and helping companies understand legislation surrounding the export of their goods and services. Negotiates international agreements, on topics such as drug control or endangered species. Gathers information about the political and economic state of their host planet/faction. Drafts reports and advises supervisor on relevant developments. Coordinates own workload and that of others to ensure accurate project delivery to frequent tight deadlines. Organizes high-level San government visits and hosts social functions. Assists SINC Stakeholders in difficulties abroad. Performs other duties as assigned.
(Translation: You serve as external diplomat to the Diamond Frogs, and help coordinate our activities.)
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Applicants are required to have 3+ years of relevant work experience. Junior Diplomat is the entry grade to a diplomatic career and is essentially a training grade from which a qualified subject may be promoted. This position is open to graduates of all disciplines, especially to those who have qualified as a solicitor/barrister. Knowledge of foreign languages is an advantage.
- Are presently a Verified Member of SINC
- Hold the (forum) rank of Novice (20+ posts)
- Successfully completed our Internship program
- Meet Leadership Criteria, or receive waiver (from Admins) for specific deficit
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the well-being of SINC (faction & forum), and a commitment to our Mission Statement
Contact CMDR McCaslin via private message. Qualified applicants will receive additional training/orientation before their diplomatic posting begins. Training courses in specific skill areas (such as staff supervision, speech-writing, foreign languages and Herpetology) are provided for a nominal fee.
Please note that SBFA cannot vouch for the quality of medical services in your host system. Junior Diplomats are advised to purchase supplementary coverage.